Manual Inventory Form
The following process was developed for environments where Autodesk Inventory Tool (AIT) cannot be leveraged to complete a software review. AIT was developed to assist customers in the software review process and should be seriously considered before adopting the process outlined below as it will drastically reduce the level of effort involved, and ensure complete and accurate data capture. If you would like to reconsider using AIT, please review the following questions to better understand how the tool can be deployed in your environment. If you still have questions, please reach out to your Autodesk Representative for assistance.
The following deliverables are required after this process is complete. These files can be submitted to your LC representative.
- Unique PC list exported from Active Directory or your companies inventory tool showing your entire PC environment.
Screen Shots of all product information in a folder organized by PC name. The general images required for each PC are the following:
- System information showing PC Name and Windows install
- Add/Remove Programs search by "Autodesk"
- License data for every Autodesk product installed on each PC in your environment.
- The Manual Inventory Form found below with all relevant details added as outlined below.
This step can be avoided if you plan to execute the manual process with all devices on your network.
- Export a list of Unique PC names either from your Active Directory or inventory tool such as SCCM. If using SCCM, please utilize the following query.
select SMS_R_System.ResourceId, SMS_R_System.ResourceType, SMS_R_System.Name, SMS_R_System.SMSUniqueIdentifier, SMS_R_System.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup, SMS_R_System.Client, SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS_64.DisplayName, SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS_64.Publisher from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS_64 on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS_64.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS_64.Publisher like "autodesk"
- Submit this to your Autodesk representative in order to agree on scope scope of the review.
This phase shows the process of identifying what Autodesk products are installed on each PC and what data is required before submitting to Autodesk.
- Open system details and capture a screen shot showing Device Name, Device ID & Installation date of Windows.
- Add screen shot above to the screen shots folder you are using to manage this process. Ensure the name of the image is in this format “Device name-System information.png” (png or jpg format accepted).
- Open Add/Remove Programs and search for “Autodesk”.
- Take screen shots of all products listed. If the list is longer than one page, take a screen shot of each full page scroll.
- Save screen shots for submission. Maintain naming convention of “<Device name>-Programs 1,2,3….png”
- Run the following PowerShell script to generate a list of Autodesk Products. If you are unfamiliar with PowerShell scripts, please reference this training guide. If a list of products on each PC was already agreed upon by your Autodesk Representative, please skip to step 9.
Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_Product | where vendor -eq Autodesk |Export-Csv -Path C:\AutodeskProductsManual.csv
- After running the script, locate the .csv file found in the this location: “C:\AutodeskProductsManual.csv”
- Transfer the contents from the above .csv file to the Manual Inventory Form. The required fields will be
- column R (InstallDate) mapped to column M (Installation_Date)
- column Y (Name) mapped to column B (Autodesk_Products)
- Windows_Installation_Date (found in system settings)
- PC_Name (found in system settings)
- Open every product listed above and take a screen shot of the License Manager (you can find that by opening Help/About/Manage license…). After taking screen shot, save image with following format “<Device name>-<Product Name><Product Version/Year>.png” (example: “BITesting-AutoCAD 2017.png") example below:
- For each product in step 10, fill in the highlighted data in the Manual Inventory Form:
- Serial (Standalone) Install Example:
- Network Install Example
- User Install Example
- Once the form is complete and screen shots taken for all product license details on one machine, please complete steps 1-11 for all Autodesk products installed on all machines previously agreed to with your Autodesk representative.
- When all machines have been documented, compile all deliverables listed above into one zip file for submission to Autodesk.