Zip File Manual Scan Method
This method of deployment may be the simplest for those who are remote and have no connection through VPN to the company server. It is flexible enough to be shared through a cloud storage solution or e-mail, but does involve manual interaction from the users themselves. This method will require some configuration from an administrator prior to sending to individual users for execution on their PC's.
- Locate "PerComputerDataStore" and change "False" to "True" and save
- Right click on the Autodesk Inventory Tool folder located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk" and select send to Compressed Zip
- You will be prompted to save to desktop choose Yes
- Send zip to remote workers. This can be done via e-mail or a shared cloud drive such as Sharepoint, OneDrive, Box....
- Download the Zip to the Desktop, Right click and extract all.
- Another Replica folder will be created, Delete the zip folder
- Go to "AITViewer.exe" right click and run as administrator if possible
- Go to the Scan tab Select specific device and press start Scan
- The scan will take around a minute to complete Once completed Close the AIT tool
- Go back to the Folder on the Desktop right click and rename. This should be the name of your PC name, user name or whatever specific unique ID is determined by your administrator.
- Then Right click and send to Compressed Zip
- Send zipped folder back via e-mail or to shared cloud storage determined in step 7 of Phase
- Once all the PC's have been collected, extract the zip and open the uncompressed folders.
- Contained in this folder are two files with the same name one .xml and one MD5 copy these
- Create a folder to paste these files